Re-opening Bryngarw Country Park – Phase 2
As lockdown begins to ease across Wales, and with the five-mile travel restrictions now lifted, we are able to move into the next phase of reopening Bryngarw Country Park.
We would like to thank you for your support and patience while we have continued to make plans, in line with the latest Welsh Government guidance, which focus on keeping our visitors and staff safe and well.
We would also like to thank those visitors who have kindly donated their car parking income during the past few weeks. Your donation to our charity is very much appreciated during these challenging times.
From Monday 13th July, there will be some changes for visitors to Bryngarw Country Park.
- Our public toilets will be reopened. Visitors will need to manage their own social distancing whilst using them. Please observe the floor markings and ensure proper hand washing before you leave. The facilities will be cleaned more frequently, but visitors should take responsibility for their own health and hygiene.
- The visitor centre is open to allow access to the Changing Places disabled toilet and baby changing facilities only. The classroom is closed until further notice. Visitors are politely asked not to wait in the foyer area. If you need to speak to the Ranger on duty, please phone 01656 725155.
- Normal parking charging will be in operation. The cost of parking is £3 per day and this income is used towards maintaining Bryngarw Country Park for its visitors. The car parking machine is contactless and is regularly wiped over. You may wish to bring your own hand sanitiser to use. Please observe the floor markings whilst queuing.
- Our children’s play area and outdoor gym equipment remains closed, to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus. They will remain cordoned off until public health and Welsh Government guidelines change. Please do not remove the tape or the signage to use these areas – they are shut for the safety of all visitors.
- The café will be closed throughout July, as we make changes to the kitchen and facilities. We are working on plans to reopen the café in August with a limited takeaway menu in the first instance.
As always, visitors are expected to manage their own social distancing and show respect for other park users and staff. When walking your dog in areas used by other people, please keep your pet on a lead to ensure you can stay 2 metres away from others and when approaching others please walk in single file. You are welcome to picnic but please do not barbecue. Please use the litter bins provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Bryngarw Country Park